The Greenbrier Valley is where romance comes to life. From the beauty and luxury of The Greenbrier to more cozy and quaint evenings on the town, our romantic dates ideas are filled with ways to bring you closer together.
Romance isn’t just for February and cupid’s arrow–expressing your love for that special person can take place any time of year. Whether you’re “goo-goo eyes” for someone new or your love has been the “apple of your eye” for years, we’ve assembled six sublimely unique Greenbrier Valley dates that will have you both head over heels, whatever the occasion.
1. Reserve a room at a Lewisburg landmark, the Historic General Lewis Inn. Savor a leisurely dinner in the Jefferson Dining Room (for a special treat, try the establishment’s famed Local Mountain Trout, raised in fresh spring water). Walk to Carnegie Hall for a main stage performance, scheduled every month through May, or kick-back with cocktails by the fire in the inn’s Thistle Lounge.
2. Pamper yourselves with a Swedish massage for two at Pomona Salt Cave and Spa. Therapeutic and relaxing, what better way to bring the two of you closer together. Afterward, retire to the salt cave to zen out and breathe in the natural salt air. Find your way to downtown Lewisburg for a laid-back dinner. There’s everything from wood-fired pizza at Hill and Holler and Latin-inspired cuisine at Del Sol Cantina & Grille to succulent seafood and juicy steaks at The Livery Tavern and Food & Friends.
3. Pick a weekend and sink into the lap of luxury at The Greenbrier. Enjoy the resort’s many activities, including the Casino Club and spa services, before retiring for the night in one of the hotel’s sumptuous signature rooms.
4. Or book an afternoon’s worth of activities at The Greenbrier. Experience the thrill of the ancient sport of kings in a 90-minute falconry lesson, or take in the resort's 11,000 acres by carriage ride, e-bike or segway. Finish the day in downtown Lewisburg, indulging in a cozy dinner for two at The French Goat, where the classic French cuisine includes such delicacies as Short Rib Frites and Duck Cassoulet and the decadent desserts are divinely shareable.
5. Take a scenic three-mile hike around Lake Sherwood. If fresh mountain air is your love's aphrodisiac, this 164-acre reservoir in the Monongahela National Forest is only 30 minutes from White Sulphur Springs. Before you begin the drive up Route 92, grab a to-go lunch at Road Hog's Barbeque or grab the Em's Cake Corner daily special so you can enjoy a picnic by the lake. From Memorial Day through Labor Day, you can even rent a pedal boat to explore the lake first-hand.
6. Reserve a Polaris RZR for two from Greenbrier Off-Road Adventures. When the two of you thrive on adventure, the mountainous terrain in and around White Sulphur Springs has all the makings for a perfect date–miles of hills, “hollers” and mud holes! An afternoon behind the wheel can work up an appetite, so we suggest a stop in Big Draft Brewing for a round of locally-crafted brews and dinner, with taproom offerings that include seasonal salads, signature sandwiches and mouth-watering main dishes. You might even want to see what's on the Big Draft event schedule. They regularly host live music and other weekend activities.