Skip to content

Weddings in the Greenbrier Valley

Greenbrier County provides the perfect backdrop for your destination wedding. With several unique wedding and reception sites available, including The Greenbrier and Carnegie Hall, area amenities are sure to make all your dreams come true for your special day.

Wedding Venues

Looking for a picturesque destination for your wedding? Whether you're wanting an outdoor, country wedding or a traditional ceremony, The Greenbrier Valley offers several one-of-a-kind venues. From the historic Greenbrier Resort to Carnegie Hall to the storied and stately General Lewis Inn, your guests will be dazzled by the valley's beauty and charm.

Wedding Services and Suppliers

The Greenbrier Valley makes the perfect wedding destination, complete with all the services you'll need to make your special day a memorable hit. Choose from dozens of accomplished wedding vendors and consultants, including nationally-rated caterers and bakers, florists, photographers and other professionals.

Group Activities

There is no shortage of things to do in the Greenbrier Valley. Everything from golf and live theatre to relaxing spa visits and private tours of the local distilleries. With such a wide selection of adventure, history and new discovery, we promise your time in the valley will be a memorable one.

Marriage Licenses

One very important step in planning your wedding is obtaining a marriage license through the Greenbrier County Clerks Office. The office is located inside the Greenbrier County Courthouse and is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

GBV flourish symbol

Greenbrier County Clerks Office
912 Court Street North
Lewisburg, West Virginia 24901

Both parties must be present when applying for a marriage license. The fee for a license is $56.00. If you plan on receiving minister's counseling, the fee is $36.00 for the license. You will need to supply a signed letter by the minister on church letterhead. Payment is accepted by cash or check only.

  • Photo identification, such as a driver's license, state ID or passport

  • Parents' full names, including mother's maiden name and their places of birth

  • If previously married, the date of divorce or date of spouse's death (day, month, and year)

You do not have to be a resident of West Virginia to obtain a marriage license. Non-residents may apply in any county. 

You will receive your license immediately. The license expires 60 days after issuance.

  • Both parents must be present at the time of application.

  • If either partner is under 18, parental or guardian consent forms must be signed. You will need a certified copy of your birth certificate.

  • If under the age of 16, there is a three (3) day waiting period after license is issued before you are permitted to marry.

  • Contact the County Clerks office for additional requirements and information.


The natural beauty of Greenbrier Valley is hard to explain in words, but easy to capture in pictures… No filter required. See what others are doing and share your experiences using the #GBVEffect hashtag.

Greenbrier Valley Forest

Grab your free visitors guide

start planning
Greenbrier Valley lake at night

Sign up for our newsletter

Sign me up!