COVID-19 VISITOR INFORMATION (last updated on 07.07.20)
The state of West Virginia launched a phased plan to bring businesses back online over May and June. The Greenbrier County CVB is here to provide our visitors and fellow residents access to the latest information.
Please click HERE for local restaurant, bakery and bar information.
- The Greenbrier resort is open along with dining, spa services, golf courses, pools, casino, bunker tours, and many other activities.
- The Greenbrier Valley Visitors Center is open. The staff is also available by LiveChat, phone and email, Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. 304-645-1000, email@example.com
- For a detailed list of safety procedures we have implemented at the visitors center, click HERE.
- 07.07.20: The Governor of WV issued an executive order stating that face coverings must be worn in all indoor places where social distancing cannot be maintained. Customers must wear a mask when entering and exiting a restaurant and/or establishment. It may be removed when seated and eating/drinking.
- 07.01.20: fairs, festivals and concerts can reschedule and amusement parks are permitted to reopen.
- 06.10.20 (week 7): public and private campgrounds can reopen to out-of-state visitors. There is a seven day limit on the stay.
- 06.05.20 (week 6): movie theaters and casinos are permitted to reopen. The limit on social gatherings is increasing from 25 to 100 people.
- 05.30.20 (week 5): spas/massage facilities may open as well as swimming pools, bowling alleys, pool halls and other indoor amusement spaces.
- 05.26.20 (week 5): state park cabins and lodges are opening to in-state residents. Bars at 50% capacity may open as well as museums, zoos, gyms, fitness and rec centers.
- 05.21.20 (week 4): in preparation for Memorial Day weekend, the 14-day quarantine to out-of-state visitors is lifted. Indoor dining may open at 50% capacity as well as large/specialty retail stores and shopping malls, state park campgrounds to in-state residents, outdoor recreation rentals such as kayaks, bikes, ATVs and similar equipment, mini-golf facilities, guided whitewater rafting, ziplining and horseback riding, outdoor motorsport and power sports racing with no spectators and the Hatfield McCoy Trail System.
- Please also note that golf carts are still limited to one person per cart unless persons are within the same family.
- 05.15.20 (week 3): guided fishing is available with two anglers and one guide per boat.
- 05.11.20 (week 3): dental offices, wellness centers and drive-in theaters may open.
- 05.04.20 (week 2): small businesses (less than ten employees) can reopen, professional services by appointment (hair and nail salons, barbershops, dog grooming), outdoor dining spaces, churches and funerals with limited gatherings.
- 04.27.20 (week 1): allows for elective medical procedures to begin and outpatient healthcare (doctors' offices, dentist offices, physical therapy, mental health facilities) to reopen.
- 04.27.20: The Governor of WV announced the phased reopening plan for West Virginia. It begins this week. We can progress to the next week as long as the statewide cumulative percent of positive Covid-19 test results remain below 3% for three straight days.
With most West Virginia businesses now open, the state recommends that we all continue to practice social distancing and healthful hygiene habits.
- Continue to practice good hygiene, including:
- Regular use of hand sanitizer and thorough hand-washing with soap
- Avoid face touching
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow
- Frequently disinfect items and surfaces after use
- Use face coverings in public places where social distancing is difficult
- People feeling sick should stay home
- High-risk populations should continue to limit time out in the community
- Make non-cash payment for goods and services when possible
This outbreak has caused challenges on a global scale, but it's our friends and families and their wellbeing that we all hold most dear. We wish you and yours good health and look forward to seeing you soon.