CVB Update - August 2009
Fall Blitz Campaign
The Fall Blitz Campaign kicked off this week with radio and web promotions driving folks to the CVB’s new package section of the website. We are targeting the DC, Morgantown and Charleston markets. The Northern Virginia Magazine getaway giveaway promotion offering a trip to The Greenbrier is also underway.
Interactive Visitors Guide
The interactive version of the latest Greenbrier Valley Visitors Guide is set to go live in early September. This will allow visitors to view and print the guide online, as well as offer live links to business ads and listings.
WV State Travel Guide
Information about advertising in the 2010 State Travel Guide will be available soon – look for details in your mailbox in the upcoming weeks!
Visitor Center Update
- The CVB has finalized floor plans with the architect and plans to have renderings to share with the Historic Landmarks Commission at their September meeting.
- The organization will also continue to have a presence during First Fridays and other special occasions in the downtown area to distribute tourist information.
- Look for new window displays to be added in the near future offering a sampling of advertising as well as a calendar of events
Spirit of Tourism Awards
The CVB is gearing up for the fourth annual Spirit of Tourism Awards. While a date has not yet been set for the reception, it is never too early to start thinking about individuals and organizations in the community that have a positive impact on tourism in Greenbrier County. Nomination forms will be available in the upcoming weeks.
- Latest edition of Blue Ridge Country has a small feature on Aaron and Monica Maxwell of Harmony Ridge Gallery.
- Bill Thompson with the Post and Courier out of Charleston, SC wrote a piece on WV in the Sunday, August 23 edition that prominently featured the Greenbrier Valley.
- Su Clauson is working on a piece for Recreation News highlighting GVT and Carnegie Hall.
- August 24-27: L&M Tours will spend several days enjoying the region with Lewisburg serving as their home base.
- September 2-3: Dea Hoover from Are We There Yet? LLC will be in the area as part of a state familiarization tour to begin planning 2011 group tours to the Greenbrier Valley.
- September 8-10: Mitzi Marricco with Canadian Connection Tours will be in the area for a site visit to plan trips set for November, as well as early spring.
- September 11: Dale Particelli with Millstream Travel will be in the area as part of a state familiarization tour to begin planning 2011 group tours to the Greenbrier Valley.
- September 11-12: Chris McSpadden with Travel by Air, Land and Sea will be in the area as part of a state familiarization tour to begin planning future trips to the area.
- September 15: Group Tours out of Pennsylvania will be in Lewisburg for a morning tour followed by lunch.
- September 23-24: Area 73 Assembly will be bringing 200-225 attendees to Lewisburg and will be staying at the Brier Inn.
- October 4-5: Ship and Shore travel will have a group at The Greenbrier and will be stopping in Lewisburg on Monday, Oct. 5.
- October 12-16: Daylin Tours will be based out of the Hampton Inn as they explore the region.
- October 13: Wade Tours will be in the area for a tour of The Bunker as well as lunch at Food & Friends and shopping in Lewisburg.
- October 17: Fidelity Tours will be in Lewisburg for a tour of the North House with tea followed by a tour of The Bunker.
- October 22-24: The WV Baptist Convention will take place at the State Fair of WV – they are expecting 700+ attendees.
- October 23: Christian Tours will have a group at the Brier Inn and will spend time exploring Lewisburg on Friday.
- October 27-29: Francis Tours will be based at The Greenbrier, they will spend the day in Lewisburg on 10/27.