Greenbrier County CVB has been honored for its efforts to promote tourism in the county by a variety of state, regional and national organizations. From winning numerous awards from the WV Division of Tourism over the years to being named the CVB of the Year in 2006 by the Southeast Tourism Society, each honor is a testament to the dedication of the CVB to represent Greenbrier County as a premier tourist destination.
The Official Visitors Guide to Greenbrier County and the Greenbrier County Group Tour Planner both received Gold Awards in the 2007 Millennium Awards competition. This national creative competition garnered 1,475 entries this year and only the top 5% were recognized. The Official Visitors Guide to Greenbrier County also received this honor in 2006, as well as the poster developed for the Greenbrier Valley Arts and Music Festival, which received the Silver Award.
CVB of the Year
The Greenbrier County CVB was honored with the CVB of the Year Award from the Southeast Tourism Society (STS) in 2006 for the organization with a budget under $1 million.
CVB Receives State Accreditation
In 2006, the CVB received a three-year accreditation through the West Virginia Association of CVBs (WVACVB).
In 2009, the CVB’s three-year accreditation was renewed through the West Virginia Association of CVBs (WVACVB).
2011 Crystal Awards
In 2011, the CVB was honored with the following West Virginia Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America Crystal Awards.
- Special Events & Observances (seven days or less): Visitors Center Grand Opening and Dedication
- Social Media: VOTE Lewisburg! Coolest Small Town in America.
- Special Purpose Publication (single issue): Official Visitors Guide.
- Annual Report: Greenbrier County CVB Annual Report.
- Best Overall Marketing Campaign
- Most Innovative Marketing Campaign
- West Virginia Oshel Craigo Lifetime Achievement Award was awarded to Sharon Rowe, Tourism Commissioner and Past-President of the CVB, for her long-term leadership, benevolence and contributions to the growth and success of the entire state’s tourism industry.
- Best Web Advertising
- Best Overall Advertising Campaign
- Partners in Progress Award for Print Advertising
- Partners in Progress Award for Co-op Advertising
- Best Overall Advertising Campaign
- Best Advertising Collateral Piece (third place) for the official Greenbrier County Visitors Guide
- Best Website (honorable mention)
- Best Print Article (second place) for the article Lewisburg - A Quiet Jewel, written by Elizabeth Barbour, which appeared in the summer 2005 edition of Pinnacle Living Magazine
2011 Stars of the Industry Awards
In 2011, the CVB was honored with the following West Virginia Division of Tourism’s Stars of the Industry Award.
2009 Stars of the Industry Awards
In 2009, the CVB was honored with the following West Virginia Division of Tourism’s Stars of the Industry Awards.
2006 Stars of the Industry Awards
In 2006, the CVB’s marketing efforts were honored with the following West Virginia Division of Tourism’s Stars of the Industry Awards.
2005 Stars of the Industry Awards
In 2005, the CVB’s marketing efforts were honored with the following West Virginia Division of Tourism’s Stars of the Industry Awards.
The Greenbrier County CVB received the 2005 Standard of Excellence Award in September 2005 for its new, state of the art website.
The CVB received a national Award of Distinction and a Crystal Award of Excellence in the 2004 Communicator Awards. The Award of Excellence was awarded to the CVB’s “Foursome” ad that promoted Greenbrier County golf. The Award of Distinction was also given to the CVB for the CEO’s Dream ad, which promoted group meetings in Greenbrier County.